Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Watch Goes International

Hello from Hangzhou! Last thursday I left Bangladesh for the first time since the end of July. My school has a winter break until early January, so I'll be traveling around China for the next three weeks. I've spent the last couple of days with Ian, David, Nate, and Pei, and now Nate and I are about to head off to Shaoxing and Anchang while some of our buddies actually get some work done. Jin arrives later this week, and we might head down to check out his village. David flies back to the states tomorrow, and Confucious says "it is good that you saw David before he left Asia."

Pictures and stories from China will appear as permitted by internet availability. I am pleasantly surprised by the prevalance of internet here, so there may be some hope! I actually feel more inundated by Christmas music and advertising here than I ever thought possible here. If you hear a christmas classic dunked in saccharine reggae beats and sung by a Chinese man, think of me. And Merry Christmas!

No comments: